7 Man-made Structures- Other to explore in Malaysia
One of 17 megadiverse countries, home to large numbers of endemic species.
The Sultan Abdul Halim Ferry Terminal is a ferry slip within Butterworth in Penang, Malaysia. This docking facility is used for Rapid Ferry services between Butterworth and the city of George Town on Penang Island. It is one of the beautiful places iin Penang.
The Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation Centre is an elephant sanctuary located in Temerloh in the state of Pahang, Malaysia. within the Krau Wildlife Reserve. The Centre was established in 1989 by the Malaysian Department of Wildlife and National Parks, and forms a base for the Elephant Relocation Team, which since 1974 has been rescuing problem Asian elephants whose habitats are being lost to cultivation or development.
The Penang Hill Railway is a one section funicular railway which climbs the Penang Hill from Air Itam, on the outskirts of the city of George Town in the Malaysian state of Penang. The railway first opened in 1923 as a two-section railway, and the system was overhauled in 2010. The total journey time can take between five and twenty minutes. The funicular train coach travels directly from the lower station to the top, but may stop at other intermediate stations upon request.
The Hang Li Poh's Well, also known as King's Well, is a historical water well in Malacca City, Malacca, Malaysia. It is the oldest water well in Malaysia. The well was built in 1459 by the followers of Hang Li Poh as the main water source in the town. After conquering Malacca in 1511, the Portuguese secured the well and used it as their main water source supply.
Petrosains, also known as Petrosains, The Discovery Centre is a Malaysian science and technology museum located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur within Suria KLCC, Petronas Twin Towers. Petrosains was a brainchild of 4th Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and established on 25 March 1999. It is owned and operated by Petrosains Sdn. Bhd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Malaysian oil and gas conglomerate Petronas.
The Old Protestant Cemetery, also known as Northam Road Cemetery, is a disused Christian cemetery in George Town, Penang, Malaysia. After more than a century of neglect, it is now listed as a Class 1 Heritage Site and is maintained by the Penang Heritage Trust. The cemetery lies in a grove of frangipani trees along Northam Road near the historic core of George Town, only metres away from the beachfront and a short walk from the Eastern & Oriental Hotel.