7 Botanical Gardens to explore in Malaysia
One of 17 megadiverse countries, home to large numbers of endemic species.
The City Park, also colloquially known as the Youth Park, is an urban park in the city of George Town in [Penang], Malaysia. Located near the Penang Botanic Gardens, City Park was opened in 1972 as a recreational area and a green lung for the city's residents. it is one of the main tourist attractions in Malaysia.
The Malacca Botanical Garden is a botanical garden located in Ayer Keroh, Malacca, Malaysia. Recreational facilities here include the Malacca Forestry Museum, Prehistoric Garden, the Storyland, children's playgrounds, the Orang Asli Park, Deer Park, suspension bridge, watchtowers and beautiful picnic spots. It spans over 359 hectares and as much as 10 hectares is used for a camping spot.
Perdana Botanical Gardens, formerly Perdana Lake Gardens, Lake Gardens, and Public Gardens, is Kuala Lumpur's first large-scale recreational park. Measuring 91.6 hectares, it is located in the heart of the city and established in 1888. The park served as a place of refuge from the hustle and bustle of the city during colonial times. It contains large sculpted and manicured gardens and a host of attractions.
Located in the northern section of Precinct 1, this park is designed as an arcadia or a national sanctuary for Malaysian plant taxonomy as well as a center for education and research. The garden currently has more than 700 species of flowering plants, local plants as well as plants from the Asia-Pacific and Africa regions.
Titiwangsa Lake Gardens is a lake garden in Titiwangsa, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The gardens feature a huge central lake that was a byproduct of tin mining activities under British Rule. Later on, the area was cleaned up and developed into a park. This garden has facilities such as jogging track, cycling track, kayaking, horse riding facility, radio control car racing track, etc.
Templer Park is a forest reserve in Rawang, Gombak District, Selangor, Malaysia. It is 1,214 hectares in size and it was named in honor of Sir Gerald Templer, a British High Commissioner in Malaya. "On 8 September 1954, His Highness the Sultan of Selangor, the late Sultan Hishamuddin Alam Shah declared that Templer’s Park was 'dedicated by Selangor to serve as a refuge and a sanctuary for wildlife and a meeting place for all who love and respect the beauty of nature'.