Loudoun County - 12 Attractions You Must Visit
About Loudoun County
Located in the Commonwealth of Virginia and it is the third-most populous county in Virginia.
Types of Attractions in Loudoun County
List of Attractions in Loudoun County
This is a water mill in Aldie, Virginia built shortly after 1804 to grind grain using the waters of the Little River. Retaining much of its original machinery, it is one of the best-preserved mills in Virginia.
Algonkian Regional Park
Lake/ River/ Ponds
The 838-acre park which was located on the Potomac River in Sterling, Virginia is owned and operated by the Northern Virginia Regional Park Authority and contains open fields, picnic shelters, rental cottages, an event center for weddings and meetings, a boat launch with access to the Potomac River, the Volcano Island water park open from May to September, and an 18-hole golf course. The park is bisected by the Potomac Heritage Trail.
Ball’s Bluff Battlefield Regional Park
Ball's Bluff Battlefield Regional Park and National Cemetery is a battlefield area and a United States National Cemetery located northeast of Leesburg, Virginia. The cemetery is the third smallest national cemetery in the United States. Fifty-four Union Army dead from the Battle of Ball's Bluff is interred in 25 graves in the half-acre plot.
Furnace Mountain is the tallest peak of Catoctin Mountain in Loudoun County, Virginia. It rises steeply from the southern banks of the Potomac River across from Point of Rocks, Maryland. Its name arises from the iron furnaces located at its base, which operated from the 1790s to the 1870s. The furnaces were used to process iron ore mined from the mountain.
George C. Marshall's Dodona Manor
Dodona Manor, the former home of General George Catlett Marshal is a National Historic Landmark and historic house museum at 312 East Market Street in Leesburg, Virginia. It is owned by the George C. Marshall International Center, which has restored the property to its Marshall-era appearance of the 1950s. It is nationally significant as the home of George C. Marshall.
A 1,000-acre historic estate and horse park in Leesburg, Virginia. It is home to the Morven Park Mansion, the Winmill Carriage Museum, formal boxwood gardens, miles of hiking and riding trails, and athletic fields. The park is also home to the Museum of Hounds and Hunting of North America with displays of art, artifacts, and memorabilia about the sport of foxhunting.
A research library and art museum in Middleburg, Virginia in the United States founded in 1954. It has collections that include over 20,000 books, periodicals, archives, and ephemera objects. Overall, the collection dates to the 16th century, with rare and antiquarian titles housed in the library's F. Ambrose Clark Rare Book Room.
Oatlands Plantation Lane
Oatlands Plantation is an estate located in Leesburg, Virginia. operated by the National Trust for Historic Preservation and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a National Historic Landmark. The Oatlands property is composed of the main mansion and 415 acres of farmland and gardens. The house is judged as one of the finest Federal period country estate houses in the nation.
Raven Rocks Trailhead
Raven Rocks are a spur of Blue Ridge Mountain. It is formed by the drainage gorges of Rocky Branch Creek to the north and Raven Rocks Creek to the south on the mountains western watershed. The formation is often referred to as the rollercoaster by Appalachian Trail hikers as the trail undulates between these spurs and hollows along the western face of the mountain along this stretch of the ridge.
Snickers Gap is a wind gap in the Blue Ridge Mountain on the border of Loudoun County and Clarke County in Virginia. During the autumn bird migration, the gap is a favoured spot for birdwatchers to count and study the many raptors that follow the ridge on their way south.
Temple Hall Farm Regional Park
Temple Hall is an early 19th-century Federal-style mansion and working farm near the Potomac River north of Leesburg in Loudoun County, Virginia which was constructed in 1810.