7 Parks to explore in Los Angeles County
Most populous county in the United States, with more than 10 million inhabitants as of 2018. It is the third-largest metropolitan economy in the world with a Nominal GDP of over $700 billion.
Grand Park is a 12-acre civic park, stretching from The Music Center to City Hall, providing Angelenos with year-round free public programming and green spaces to connect, create, and celebrate. It include tree-shaded sidewalks, drought-tolerant plants, an interactive fountain plaza, performance lawns and courtyards, plenty of street lights, movable park furniture, and kiosks to encourage the walking and exploration of the area.
A large municipal park at the eastern end of the Santa Monica Mountains. It covers around 4,310 acres of land, making it one of the largest urban parks in North America. This park features a number of popular attractions such as the Los Angeles Zoo, the Autry Museum of the American West, the Griffith Observatory, and the Hollywood Sign. Due to its presence in many films, the park is among the most famous municipal parks in North America.
Well known for its architecture, gardens, and views overlooking Los Angeles. The Museum features pre-20th-century European paintings, drawings, illuminated manuscripts, sculpture, and decorative arts; and photographs from the 1830s through present day from all over the world. The Museum's collection includes outdoor sculpture displayed on terraces and in gardens.
Collections-based educational and research institution. In addition to the library, the institution houses an extensive art collection with a focus on 18th- and 19th-century European art and 17th- to mid-20th-century American art. The property also includes approximately 120 acres (49 ha) of specialized botanical landscaped gardens, most notably the "Japanese Garden", the "Desert Garden", and the "Chinese Garden".
A collection of 17 interconnected sculptural towers, architectural structures, and individual sculptural features and mosaics within the site of the artist's original residential property. The entire site of towers, structures, sculptures, pavement and walls were designed and built solely by Sabato ("Simon") Rodia (1879–1965), an Italian immigrant construction worker and tile mason, over a period of 33 years from 1921 to 1954.