DB Museum Koblenz
Schönbornsluster Str. 14, 56070 Koblenz, Germany
About DB Museum Koblenz
The museum is a remote site of the Nuremberg Transport Museum and exhibits over 20 locomotives and agons. The focus of the museum is electric trains and travelling by train, and the experiance is enhanced by its collections of photographs and models.
Attractions near DB Museum Koblenz
Deutsches Eck is the name of a headland in Koblenz, Germany, where the Mosel river joins the Rhine. It is known for a monumental equestrian statue of William I, first German Emperor, erected in 1897 in appreciation for his role in the unification of Germany.
The Schloss Koblenz or Electoral Palace was the residence of the last Archbishop and Elector of Trier, Clemens Wenceslaus of Saxony, who commissioned the building in the late 18th century. It now houses various offices of the federal government. The building's interior is not accessible to the public. The Palace is one of the most important examples of the early French neoclassical house in Southwestern Germany.
Lahneck Castle is a medieval fortress located in the city of Lahnstein in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. The 13th-century castle stands on a steep rock salient above the confluence of the Lahn River with the Rhine. Lahneck Castle was built in 1226 by the Archbishop of Mainz Siegfried III of Eppstein to protect his territory at the mouth of the Lahn, where the town of Oberlahnstein and a silver mine had come into his possession in 1220.
Stolzenfels Castle is a medieval fortress castle turned into a palace, near Koblenz on the left bank of the Rhine. Stolzenfels was gifted to the Prussian Crownprince, Frederick William in 1823. He had it rebuilt as a 19th-century palace in Gothic Revival style. The original castle at Stolzenfels was built as a fortification, used to protect the toll station on the Rhine, where the ships had to stop and pay toll.
The Marksburg is a castle above the town of Braubach in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. The fortress was used for protection rather than as a residence for royal families. A stone keep was built on the spot in 1100 by the Eppstein family and expanded into a castle around 1117 to protect the town of Braubach and to reinforce the customs facilities. In 1283, Count Eberhard of Katzenelnbogen bought it and throughout the 14th and 15th century the high noble counts rebuilt the castle constantly. In 14
Andernach Geyser is the highest cold-water geyser in the world, reaching heights of 30 to 60 metres. It is one of the sights in the volcano park and part of the Geopark Vulkanland Eifel. The geyser is fed from a 350-metre-deep artesian well and it is closed with a valve for safety reasons art night.
Where is DB Museum Koblenz
Discover more attractions in Rhineland-Palatinate, where DB Museum Koblenz is located