Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle in Fribourg, Switzerland - get details, & find more attractions to visit nearby

Get Travalour for free on Google Play

Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

Rue de Morat 2, 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland

Museums

About Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

L'Espace is a magical place that pays tribute to the creativity of two great artists of the 20th century. Erected in 1900, the building originally housed the Fribourg tramway depot. The memory of the place takes on a poetic dimension in dialogue with Tinguely's work. Among other things, the visitor will discover a masterpiece by Jean Tinguely: the "Retable de l'Abondance Occidentale et du Mercantilisme totalitaire" and the 22 reliefs entitled "Remembering" by Niki de Saint Phalle.



Attractions near Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

Musée Gutenberg0.03km from Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

The Gutenberg Museum of Fribourg aims to help visitors understand the different aspects of letterpress printing and communication in an interesting way. It invites novices and specialists, school classes, young people and adults into the multicoloured world of the art of printing. The museum also has two rooms that can be rented for various occasions. They are equipped with the latest presentation technology - ideal for corporate events.

St-Nicolas Cathedral0.14km from Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

Fribourg Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Fribourg, Switzerland, built in the Gothic style, on a rocky outcrop 50 meters above the river Sarine, dominating the medieval town below. It is the episcopal seat of the Diocese of Lausanne, Geneva, and Fribourg. It is one of the notable architecture of the Gothic style.

Museum of Art and History0.15km from Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

Spread over three old buildings in the town of Fribourg, the museum has a magnificent garden in front of it adorned with monumental sculptures by Saint Phalle, Luginbühl, Ramseyer, Wiggli and Angéloz. Among the museum's many displays you will find a collection of local archaeology, objects presenting Fribourg's political and cultural life and sculptures and paintings from the 11th to the 20th centuries. The Art and History Museum is located near the Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle an

Pont de Zaehringen0.4km from Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

The Zaehringen bridge was built in 1924, replacing the Grand suspension bridge, which stood in the same place since 1834. It has a span of 273 meters It was the pride and joy of the people of Fribourg, and visitors from around the world flocked to see it. The bridge has also been discribe in books and painted by many artists and writers.

Fri Art Kunsthalle0.46km from Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

Fribourg's Contemporary Art Centre Fri Art, mounts temporary exhibitions with experienced artists. Its artistic influence and avant-garde vision have enabled it to acquire an international reputation. With its coherent and forward-looking programme, Fri Art is a laboratory, a production centre open to the development of current artistic trends.

Pont de Berne0.66km from Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

The Berne Bridge is a covered wooden bridge over the Sarine, located in the canton of Friborg, Switzerland.Built-in 1250, a century after the founding of the city, it is one of the oldest in Switzerland. Over the centuries, it has been regularly renovated, remaining today the last covered wooden bridge in Friborg. This bridge has been part of the 1995 inventory of the cultural property of national importance in the canton of Friborg.

Where is Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle

Discover more attractions in Fribourg, where Espace Jean Tinguely - Niki de Saint Phalle is located

Fribourg18 attractions

Fribourg is located in western Switzerland. The canton takes its name from its capital city of Fribourg. It is bounded to the west by Lake Neuchâtel, to the west and the south by the canton of Vaud, and to the east by the canton of Bern.