Paradeplatz, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Paradeplatz is a square at the Bahnhofstrasse in downtown Zürich, Switzerland. It is one of the most expensive pieces of real estate in Switzerland and has become synonymous with wealth and the Swiss banks, being the location of the headquarters of both UBS and Credit Suisse. The site of the square lay without the medieval city walls, and was incorporated into the town with the construction of the new ramparts in 1642. During the 17th century.
Attractions near Paradeplatz
One of the world’s leading private collections of clocks can be found at this Beyer Clock and Watch Museum. Around 260 very valuable exhibits present the history of timekeeping from 1400 BC to the present day: from sundials to water and tower clocks, Renaissance automata, magnificent pendulum clocks, elaborately decorated pocket watches, and the prototype of the first quartz wristwatch. Scientific navigation devices are also featured here.
A church in Zürich that was built on the remains of a former abbey for aristocratic women which was founded in 853 by Louis the German for his daughter Hildegard.
Bahnhofstrasse – Zurich's Shopping Boulevard You can find everything that your heart desires in Bahnhofstrasse: fashion, art, and Zurich specialties attract local residents as well as visitors. It was created after the construction of Zurich’s Main Railway Station.
The St. Peter Church is the oldest parish church in Zurich – with the original 9th-century foundation walls still seen today beneath the chancel. This church has the largest church clock face in Europe. Until 1911 the church tower was used as a fire watch post.
Augustinergasse is one of the most beautiful historical, narrow streets in Zurich. With many well-preserved, colorfully painted bay windows, it provides an insight into the history of the city. It connects busy Bahnhofstrasse with the former Gothic Augustiner Church from the 13th century and continues to the "oasis" St.
Wasserkirche is a church built on a small island in the Limmat, situated between the two main churches of medieval Zürich, the Grossmünster and the Fraumünster, at the Limmatquai and the Münsterbrücke. The Helmhaus is an extension of the church to the north, first mentioned in 1253 as a court of criminal justice, at which time it was a simple wooden structure covering the eastern end of the bridge. It was one of the main tourist attractions in this area.
Where is Paradeplatz
Discover more attractions in Zurich, where Paradeplatz is located