Ad Diriyah Saudi Arabia
About Ad Diriyah
It is a town located in the north-west of Riyadh that had an important role in Saudi Arabian history. Diriyah was the home of the royal family, and served as the capital of the Emirate of Diriyah under the first Saudi dynasty from 1744 to 1818. The Turaif district in Diriyah, the first capital of Saudis, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Attractions near Ad Diriyah
A 99-story, 302.3 m (992 ft) skyscraper in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. On the 99th floor lies an observation deck that gives amazing views of Riyadh City. This tower was completed in 2002 and was the tallest building in the country when completed.
The Murabba Palace or Qasr al Murabba (the Square in Arabic), one of Riyadh's historical palaces is named after its Square shape with 400 by 400 meters. It is serving these days as one of the museums in the city. The palace was intended to be a family residence and court for the king.
The National Museum of Saudi Arabia is a huge museum in Saudi capital, Riyadh. The museum was Built in 1999, and it is part of the King Abdulaziz Historical Centre. There are eight exhibition halls in the museum, namely- Man and the Universe, Arabian Kingdoms, The Pre-Islamic Era (Jahiliyyah), The Prophet's Mission, Islam and the Arabian Peninsula, First and Second Saudi States, The Unification, and The Hajj and the Two Holy Mosques.
The Masmak Palace is also called Masmak Fort, a clay and mudbrick fort in Riyadh's old city. Established in 1865 by 'Abdurrahman ibn Sulaiman under the Emirate of Jabal Shammar, it had an integral role in uniting of Saudi Arabia, with Riyadh's Battle. Since 1995, the fortress turned to a museum showcasing one of Saudi's most important landmarks.
Wadi Hanifa is a valley in the Najd region, Riyadh Province, in central Saudi Arabia. It runs for around 120 km from northwest to southeast, crossing through the capital Riyadh. In pre-historic times, rain fell heavily in the region. Currently, rain falls with great intensity for short periods, causing flash floods.
A historic Qatari military fortress built in 1938 to serve as a Coast Guard station. The structure is now a museum to display diverse exhibits and artworks, most especially for contemporarily topical archaeological findings. Al Zubara Fort is situated in the ancient town of Zubarah- the largest archaeological site in the whole Qatari Peninsula. It was once a thriving pearl fishing and trading port.
Where is Ad Diriyah