Attractions to explore near Petronas Twin Towers
These twin skyscrapers were the tallest buildings in the world from 1998 to 2004 and remain the tallest twin towers in the world.
Petronas Gallery is a contemporary art gallery established in 1993 by the Malaysian multinational company Petronas to promote arts and culture. The gallery offers a wide range of art appreciation and educational programs, in addition to an active program of exhibitions. Forums and seminars discussing various art issues are organized on a regular basis.
Petrosains, also known as Petrosains, The Discovery Centre is a Malaysian science and technology museum located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur within Suria KLCC, Petronas Twin Towers. Petrosains was a brainchild of 4th Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and established on 25 March 1999. It is owned and operated by Petrosains Sdn. Bhd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Malaysian oil and gas conglomerate Petronas.
The Petronas Philharmonic Hall is Malaysia's first concert hall built specifically for classical music. It is the home of the Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra, and has hosted many of the world's leading orchestras such as New York Philharmonic, Philadelphia Orchestra, BBC Symphony and Vienna Symphony.
The As Syakirin Mosque, also known as KLCC Mosque, is a mosque located in the Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The mosque is situated near the Suria KLCC shopping centre and the Petronas Twin Towers, the tallest twin towers in the world. This two-storey mosque area of 21 hectares. It is regarded as the jewel in the park because of its strategic location and facing KLCC Park also provides a hall that can accommodate up to 500 people with audio system complete with meeting rooms a
The Kuala Lumpur Tower is a communications tower located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Its construction was completed on 1 March 1995. It features an antenna that increases its height to 421 meters and is the 7th tallest freestanding tower in the world. The roof of the pod is at 335 metres. The rest of the tower below has a stairwell and an elevator to reach the upper area, which also contains a revolving restaurant, providing diners with a panoramic view of the city.
Jamek Mosque, officially Sultan Abdul Samad Jamek Mosque , is one of the oldest mosques in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is located at the confluence of the Klang and Gombak River and may be accessed via Jalan Tun Perak. The mosque was designed by Arthur Benison Hubback and built in 1909. It is one of the great attractions in Malaysia.
Sin Sze Si Ya Temple is a Chinese temple located at 14A Lebuh Pudu, close to the Central Market of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is built by Yap Ah Loy's for two deities who help guiding him during the Selangor Civil War. The temple is the oldest Taoist temple in the city.
The Sultan Abdul Samad Building is a late-nineteenth-century building located along Jalan Raja in front of the Dataran Merdeka and the Royal Selangor Club in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The building originally housed the offices of the British colonial administration and was known simply as Government Offices in its early years. In 1974 it was renamed after Sultan Abdul Samad, the reigning sultan of Selangor at the time when construction began.
The Cathedral of St. Mary the Virgin or St. Mary's Cathedral is the cathedral of the Diocese of West Malaysia of the Anglican Church of the Province of South East Asia, located in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is the Episcopal see of the Anglican Bishop of West Malaysia and the mother church of the diocese.
Central Market Kuala Lumpur is located at Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock and the pedestrian-only section of Jalan Hang Kasturi , a few minutes away from Petaling Street. It was founded in 1888 and originally used as a wet market, while the current Art Deco style building was completed in 1937. It has been classified as a Heritage Site by the Malaysian Heritage Society and it is now a landmark for Malaysian culture and heritage.
The Sri Mahamariamman Temple is the oldest Hindu temple in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Founded in 1873, it is situated at the edge of Chinatown in Jalan Bandar. In 1968, a new structure was built, featuring the ornate 'Raja Gopuram' tower in the style of South Indian temples. From its inception, the temple provided an important place of worship for early Indian immigrants and is now an important cultural and national heritage.