Immaculate Conception Cathedral
58 Rizal Ave, Puerto Princesa, 5300 Palawan, Philippines
This cathedral is a historical landmark where Puerto Princesa's first mass was held in 1872. At that time, the Spanish expedition also proclaimed that the Immaculate Conception of Mary is the patroness of Puerto Princesa. Painted light blue, the cathedral has pointed symmetrical arches redolent of Gothic architecture. The cathedral houses some of the finest examples of wood carvings found on the island, which were made by the craftsmen in the Iwahig Penal Colony.
Location of Immaculate Conception Cathedral