Santa Monica Church
Tagbilaran East Road, Alburquerque, Bohol, Philippines
The Sta. Monica Parish Church in Alburquerque town was founded in 1869 after being separated from Baclayon town. Reports dating as far as 1886 indicate that the church was first built of light materials. The imposing structure is famous for its sturdy arches supporting a pathway that connected the church to the convent, which is described as “de grandes dimensiones”. What makes the church special is that the altar was carved manually by a local and the intricate design makes it one of a kind.
Location of Santa Monica Church