20 J P Rizal Street, Taguig, 1639 Metro Manila, Philippines
An old dome-shaped structure which was built during the 18th century inside the Sta. Ana Cemetery in Taguig in the Philippines. The dome's walls were made of stone and its diameter measures 12 meters. A small cross is situated on top of the dome. Some minor renovations were done to the Simborio in 1980 and 1993.
Attractions near Simborio
A Catholic church located at Barangay Santa Ana, Taguig. The church houses the Museo De Sta. Ana, which contains religious relics and repository of artifacts detailing the rich religious culture and history of Taguig since 1857. The structure of the church follows the barn-style Baroque architecture design "with its very defined articulation of both vertical and horizontal bays topped by a simple triangular pediment."
Dambanang Kawayan, officially known as Saint John the Baptist Parish, is a Roman Catholic parish church located in Barangay Ligid-Tipas in Taguig, Philippines. This church of Tipas formerly belonged to the Immaculate Conception Parish of Pasig and later transferred to the Shrine of Saint Anne in Sta. it was now one of the main attractions in this area.
One of the former roman catholic diocese located in Pateros, Metro Manila. In this church, Santa Martha is enshrined inside a “virina” on the altar. Daily a lot of people visit this place and is one of the renowned places in Metro Manila.
The Manila American Cemetery and Memorial in the Philippines occupies 152 acres on a prominent plateau, visible at a distance from the east, south and west. It contains the largest number of graves of our military dead of World War II, a total of 17,184, most of whom lost their lives in operations in New Guinea and the Philippines. The headstones are aligned in 11 plots forming a generally circular pattern, set among masses of a wide variety of tropical trees and shrubbery.
This is the first Marian Parish in the Philippines. The Augustinian Missionaries founded it in 1572. The original patroness of the church was the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary whose feast falls on 2 July. The title of Immaculate Conception was only recognized on 25 April 1587.
Officially known as Libingan ng Mga Bayani is a resting place for Philippine military personnel from privates to generals who served during World War II, it eventually became designated as the official place of burial for deceased Philippine presidents, national heroes, patriots, National Artists and National Scientists.
Where is Simborio
Discover more attractions in Pateros, where Simborio is located