Chau Say Tevoda Temple
Angkor Archaeological park, ក្រុងសៀមរាប 17000, Cambodia
About Chau Say Tevoda Temple
Chau Say Tevoda was built somewhere between 1120 and 1150AD by King Suryavarman II. This smallish, graceful Hindu temple has a central sanctuary, 2 libraries and 4 gopuras (towers) which are at the 4 cardinal points on the compass. To the north is Thommanon Temple, which has a similar design and floor plan to Chau Say Tevoda.
Attractions near Chau Say Tevoda Temple
Thommanon is one of a pair of Hindu temples built during the reign of Suryavarman II at Angkor, Cambodia. This small and elegant temple is located east of the Gate of Victory of Angkor Thom and north of Chau Say Tevoda. It is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. The temple is dedicated to Shiva and Vishnu. Now, this temple is also a tourist attraction.
Ta Keo is one of the biggest temples built during the Khmer Empire and it was built a couple of hundred years before Angkor Wat temple. It was built as the state temple for Jayavarman V and he started construction in 975 AD. Unusually, the temple was never finished. There are many stories as to why Ta Keo was never completed, but nobody knows the real reason. Nowadays, It is quite a popular temple with visitors because of its sheer size – five sanctuary towers sit on top of a 22m stepped pyrami
Prasat Ta Nei is a late 12th Century stone temple located in Angkor, Cambodia. Built during the reign of King Jayavarman VII, it is located near the northwest corner of the East Baray, a large holy reservoir. It was dedicated to the Buddha. It was built under King Jayavarman VII in the late 12th century.
Ta Prohm Temple is a very popular part in a typical Angkor tour. It's the only major stop that wasn't fully reclaimed from the jungle. Many of the walls and structures have been smothered by huge silk-cotton trees and strangler figs, which grow over, around, and through the ancient stone blocks. These trees both hold the ruins together and cause them to collapse.
Prasat Suor Prat is a 12th-century group of 12 towers built by King Jayavarman. The name translates as “The towers of the tight-rope dancers” in English. It’s believed that the towers were used to support a high wire which was stretched between them. The towers are located right in front of the Terrace of the Leper King and the Terrace of the Elephants.
Preah Khan temple is located in the Angkor Archaeological Park and is still largely unrestored. It is one of the larger temple complexes within the historic park. Preah Khan translates to “Holy Sword” in Khmer, named by Jayavarman VII in honor of his battle victory against the invading force of Chams, who belonged to a kingdom in what is now Vietnam, in the year 1191.
Where is Chau Say Tevoda Temple
Discover more attractions in Siem Reap Province, where Chau Say Tevoda Temple is located