Tybee Island Light Station And Museum in Chatham County, Georgia, United States - get details, & find more attractions to visit nearby

Get Travalour for free on Google Play

Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

30 Meddin Dr, Tybee Island, GA 31328, USA

Lighthouses

About Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

Tybee Island Light is a lighthouse next to the Savannah River Entrance, on the northeast end of Tybee Island, Georgia. It is one of seven surviving colonial-era lighthouse towers.



Attractions near Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

Old Fort Jackson19.1km from Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

Old Fort Jackson was constructed in 1808 as part of President Thomas Jefferson's Second System coastal defense initiative and named after Revolutionary War patriot James Jackson. This brick fort was constructed over an old earthen battery from the Revolutionary War which had been called "Mud Fort." Soldiers were stationed at Fort James Jackson to guard Savannah during the War of 1812.

Bonaventure Cemetery19.13km from Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

Bonaventure Cemetery was developed on the historically significant site of Bonaventure Plantation. The cemetery became famous when it was featured in the 1994 novel Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt, and in the movie, directed by Clint Eastwood, based on the book. It is the largest of the city's municipal cemeteries, containing nearly 160 acres.

Wormsloe Historic Site21.58km from Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

The Wormsloe Historic Site was once the colonial estate of carpenter Noble Jones, who came to Georgia with James Oglethorpe in 1733. This former plantation is the site of the oldest standing structure in Savannah. The ruins of Jones’ tabby house was built in 1745.

Davenport House Museum23.64km from Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

The Isaiah Davenport House is a historic home in Savannah, Georgia, United States, built-in 1820. It has been operated as a historic house museum by the Historic Savannah Foundation since 1963.

Colonial Park Cemetery23.75km from Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

The Colonial Park Cemetery, one of Savannah’s most beautiful restorations, is the final resting place for many of Savannah's earliest citizens. Established about 1750, it was the original burial ground for the Christ Church Parish.

Owens-Thomas House & Slave Quarters23.76km from Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

The Owens–Thomas House & Slave Quarters is a historic home in Savannah, Georgia, that is operated as a historic house museum by Telfair Museums. An impressive two-story structure on a raised basement, it was completed in 1819 for Richard Richardson, an entrepreneur, shipping merchant, and domestic slave trader, and his wife, Frances Bolton Richardson. The Owens–Thomas House was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1976, as one of the nation's finest examples of English Regency architecture

Where is Tybee Island Light Station And Museum

Discover more attractions in Chatham County, where Tybee Island Light Station And Museum is located

Chatham County17 attractions

Chatham County is the northernmost of Georgia's coastal counties on the Atlantic Ocean. It is bounded on the northeast by the Savannah River, and in the southwest bounded by the Ogeechee River.