Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, Island Ford Unit
8800 Roberts Dr, Sandy Springs, GA 30350, USA
About Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, Island Ford Unit
Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area preserves a series of sites between Atlanta and Lake Sidney Lanier along the Chattahoochee River, Georgia, U.S. The 48-mile stretch of the river affords public recreation opportunities and access to historic sites. The National Recreation Area, a National Park Service unit, was established on August 15, 1978, by President Jimmy Carter.
Attractions near Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, Island Ford Unit
Bulloch Hall is a Greek Revival mansion in Roswell, Georgia, built-in 1839. It is one of several historically significant buildings in the city and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This is where Martha Bulloch Roosevelt, mother of Theodore Roosevelt, 26th U.S. President, lived as a child.
The Chattahoochee Nature Center is a private, non-profit environmental education facility in Roswell, Georgia. Located on 127 acres adjacent to the Chattahoochee River, the nature center focuses on educational outreach through the use of live flora and fauna. The mission of the Chattahoochee Nature Center is to connect people to nature.
Chastain Memorial Park is the largest city park in Atlanta, Georgia. It is a 268-acre park near the northern edge of the city. Included in the park are jogging paths, playgrounds, tennis courts, a golf course, swimming pool, horse park and amphitheater.
The Atlanta History Center (AHC) is a history museum and research center located in the Buckhead district of Atlanta, Georgia. The Museum was founded in 1926, and currently consists of six permanent, and several temporary, exhibitions. The campus is 33-acres and features historic gardens and houses located on the grounds, including Swan House, Tullie Smith Farm, and Wood Family Cabin and so more.
The Atlanta Cyclorama and Civil War Museum was a Civil War museum located in Atlanta, Georgia, its most noted attraction being the Atlanta Cyclorama, a cylindrical panoramic painting of the Battle of Atlanta.
The Swan House was built in 1928 for Edward and Emily Inman in Atlanta, Georgia. The new mansion's design was executed by Philip Trammell Shutze, combining Renaissance revival styles with a Classical approach on the main facade. The rear facade is less formal, and is sited at the top of a small hill with terraced gardens and a fountain cascading down the hillside. A recurring motif are sculpted or painted swans throughout the house and grounds.
Where is Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, Island Ford Unit
Discover more attractions in Fulton County, where Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, Island Ford Unit is located