Get Travalour for free on Google Play

20 Attractions to Explore Near Wormsloe Historic Site

Wormsloe Historic Site
Wormsloe Historic Site7601 Skidaway Rd, Savannah, GA 31406, USA

The Wormsloe Historic Site was once the colonial estate of carpenter Noble Jones, who came to Georgia with James Oglethorpe in 1733. This former plantation is the site of the oldest standing structure in Savannah. The ruins of Jones’ tabby house was built in 1745.

Nearby Attractions

Bonaventure Cemetery
Bonaventure Cemetery7.13 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Bonaventure Cemetery was developed on the historically significant site of Bonaventure Plantation. The cemetery became famous when it was featured in the 1994 novel Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt, and in the movie, directed by Clint Eastwood, based on the book. It is the largest of the city's municipal cemeteries, containing nearly 160 acres.

Forsyth Park
Forsyth Park10.31 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Forsyth Park is one of the largest parks in the Chatham county, Georgia. The Park covers 30 acres of land just south of Gaston Street and north of Park Avenue. The east border of Forsyth Park is Drayton Street and on the west is Whitaker. For locals and tourists, Forsyth Park is a hub of social interaction.

Temple Mickve Israel Archives
Temple Mickve Israel Archives10.37 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Congregation Mickve Israel is one of the oldest in the United States, as it was organized in 1735 by mostly Sephardic Jewish immigrants of Spanish-Portuguese extraction from London who arrived in the new colony in 1733. It is a rare example of a Gothic-style synagogue. The synagogue building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.

The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist10.56 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is the iconic symbol of Savannah, Georgia. It is the Mother Church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Savannah.

Green-Meldrim House
Green-Meldrim House10.68 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

The Green–Meldrim House is a historic house in Savannah, Georgia. Built-in the 1850s, it was designated as a National Historic Landmark in 1976 as one of the American South's finest and most lavish examples of Gothic Revival architecture

Colonial Park Cemetery
Colonial Park Cemetery10.74 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

The Colonial Park Cemetery, one of Savannah’s most beautiful restorations, is the final resting place for many of Savannah's earliest citizens. Established about 1750, it was the original burial ground for the Christ Church Parish.

Chippewa Square
Chippewa Square10.88 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Chippewa Square is one of the most known squares in all of Savannah, right in the center of everything.There’s a lot to see and do around the square, from plays to beautiful architecture.

Davenport House Museum
Davenport House Museum10.94 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

The Isaiah Davenport House is a historic home in Savannah, Georgia, United States, built-in 1820. It has been operated as a historic house museum by the Historic Savannah Foundation since 1963.

Owens-Thomas House & Slave Quarters
Owens-Thomas House & Slave Quarters10.97 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

The Owens–Thomas House & Slave Quarters is a historic home in Savannah, Georgia, that is operated as a historic house museum by Telfair Museums. An impressive two-story structure on a raised basement, it was completed in 1819 for Richard Richardson, an entrepreneur, shipping merchant, and domestic slave trader, and his wife, Frances Bolton Richardson. The Owens–Thomas House was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1976, as one of the nation's finest examples of English Regency architecture

Telfair Museums
Telfair Museums11.11 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Telfair Museums, in the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, was the first public art museum in the Southern United States. Its extensive permanent collection of works dates from the eighteenth through the twenty-first century, and each year Telfair mounts temporary exhibitions showcasing a variety of artists, media, cultures, and periods. Telfair also offers educational programs.

Franklin Square
Franklin Square11.49 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Franklin Square and Ward are named for Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790), one of the founding fathers of the United States and former agent of Georgia.

First African Baptist Church
First African Baptist Church11.53 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Located just off Franklin Square near City Market stands First African Baptist Church, the oldest black church in North America. Since it was organized in 1773 by Reverend George Leila, the church even predates the United States’ official formation in 1776.

Old Fort Jackson
Old Fort Jackson11.74 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Old Fort Jackson was constructed in 1808 as part of President Thomas Jefferson's Second System coastal defense initiative and named after Revolutionary War patriot James Jackson. This brick fort was constructed over an old earthen battery from the Revolutionary War which had been called "Mud Fort." Soldiers were stationed at Fort James Jackson to guard Savannah during the War of 1812.

Talmadge Memorial Bridge
Talmadge Memorial Bridge12.39 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

The Talmadge Memorial Bridge is a bridge in the United States spanning the Savannah River between downtown Savannah, Georgia and Hutchinson Island.

Tybee Island Light Station And Museum
Tybee Island Light Station And Museum21.58 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Tybee Island Light is a lighthouse next to the Savannah River Entrance, on the northeast end of Tybee Island, Georgia. It is one of seven surviving colonial-era lighthouse towers.

National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force
National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force21.78 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

The National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force is a non-profit organization with a museum facility in Georgia. It educates visitors through the use of exhibits, artifacts, archival materials, and stories, most of which are dedicated to the history of the Eighth Air Force of the United States Army Air Corps that served in the European Theatre during World War II.

Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation
Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation83.69 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

The Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation was a plantation on the Altamaha River, in Glynn County, Georgia. It produced rice from 1800 until 1915, when growing rice became unprofitable. Then it was primarily a dairy farm until 1942. The plantation site was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976 and is operated as a Georga State Historic Site.[2] The Georgia Department of Natural Resources manages 1,268 acres of land and 696 acres of marsh.

Fort Frederica National Monument
Fort Frederica National Monument89.47 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Fort Frederica National Monument, on St. Simons Island, Georgia, preserves the archaeological remnants of a fort and town built by James Oglethorpe between 1736 and 1748 to protect the southern boundary of the British colony of Georgia from Spanish raids. About 630 British troops were stationed at the fort.

Gascoigne Bluff
Gascoigne Bluff96.07 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

Gascoigne Bluff is a bluff next to the Frederica River on the western side of the island of St. Simons, Georgia which was a Native American campground, the site of a Franciscan monastery named San Buenaventura, and the site of the Province of Georgia's first naval base. This area was one of several St. Simons Island plantations owned by John Couper who lived at Cannon Point, St. Simons Island, and who donated his library of 20,000 volumes to the Library of Congress.

St. Simons Island Lighthouse Museum
St. Simons Island Lighthouse Museum98.97 KMs away from Wormsloe Historic Site

The St. Simons Island Light is a lighthouse on the southern tip of St. Simons Island, Georgia, United States. It guides ships into St. Simons Sound and warns of the many sandbars in the area.