Mission San Luis
2100 W Tennessee St, Tallahassee, FL 32304, USA
Mission San Luis de Apalachee was a Spanish Franciscan mission built in 1633 in the Florida Panhandle. The mission was part of Spain's effort to colonize the Florida Peninsula and to convert the Timucuan and Apalachee Indians to Christianity. The mission lasted until 1704 when it was evacuated and destroyed to prevent its use by an approaching militia of Creek Indians and South Carolinians.
Location of Mission San Luis