Attractions to explore nearby Lucknow Museum
The State Museum, Lucknow is a prominent museum located in the capital city of Uttar Pradesh, India. The museum is currently located in the Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Gardens, Banarasi Bagh, Lucknow. The museum was established in 1863 from the collection of Colonel Abbot, and was given the status of ‘Provincial Museum’ before being renamed the ‘State Museum’ in 1950.
formerly known by the British as Sikunder/Sikandra/Secundra Bagh, is a villa and garden enclosed by a fortified wall, with loopholes, gateway and corner bastions, located in the city of Lucknow built by the last Nawab of Oudh, Wajid Ali Shah (1822–1887), as a summer residence.
Ambedkar Memorial Park, formally known as Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar Samajik Parivartan Prateek Sthal, is a public park and memorial in Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. The memorial is dedicated to B. R. Ambedkar, the 20th century Indian polymath and the "father of the Indian Constitution".
The Residency, also called as the British Residency and Residency Complex, is a group of several buildings in a common precinct in the city of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. It served as the residence for the British Resident General who was a representative in the court of the Nawab.
The Shahi Baoli was built in the Mughal times to be used as a water reservoir. There is an interesting story attached to it that the reservoir has a secret treasure map and a key thrown into it. This baoli is most popular as an architectural delight as it combines Indo-Islamic designs.
The Rumi Darwaza is an imposing gateway which was built under the patronage of Nawab Asaf-Ud-daula in 1784. It is an example of Awadhi architecture. The Rumi Darwaza, which stands sixty feet tall, was modeled (1784) after the Sublime Porte (Bab-iHümayun) in Istanbul.
Chota Imambara, also known as Imambara Hussainabad Mubarak is an imposing monument located in the city of Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. Built as an imambara or a congregation hall for Shia Muslims, by Muhammad Ali Shah, the Nawab of Awadh in 1838, it was to serve as a mausoleum for himself and his mother, who is buried beside him.