Head Post Office Rd, Jonnaguddi Area, Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh 535003, India
This is an early 18th century fort in the City of Vizianagaram. It was built by Vijaya Rama Raju, the Maharaja of Vizianagaram in 1713. The formal ceremony, while laying the foundation for the fort, was very auspicious as it represented five signs of victory. The square-shaped fort has two main gates, of which the main entry gate (the "Nagar khana") has elaborate architectural features. There are many temples and palaces within the fort and a victory tower.
Location of Vizianagaram Fort