20 Attractions to Explore Near The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Activities Around

Vector image of nearby attractions

Attractions & Activities Near You

Checkout attractions and activities near your current location

All attractions near The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Old Course

Old Course

0.05km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

The Old Course at St Andrews, also known as the Old Lady or the Grand Old Lady, is considered the oldest golf course in the world. It is a public course over common land in St Andrews, Fife, Scotland and is held in trust by the St Andrews Links Trust under an act of Parliament. The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews clubhouse sits adjacent to the first tee, although it is but one of many clubs that have playing privileges on the course, along with some other non-clubhouse owning clubs and

The R&A World Golf Museum

The R&A World Golf Museum

0.06km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

The R&A World Golf Museum is located opposite the clubhouse of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club in St Andrews, Scotland. The R&A owns and operates the museum. The museum, which opened in 1990, documents the history of golf from Medieval times to the present, including the men's and women's games, British and international, both professional and amateur. Exhibits include historic equipment, memorabilia and art work, documentation, the history of the Royal and Ancient Golf Club, and the rules and t

Swilken Bridge

Swilken Bridge

0.29km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

The Swilken Bridge (also Swilcan Bridge) is a stone arch bridge located in St. Andrews Links golf course, Scotland. It spans the Swilcan Burn, a small stream that flows into the North Sea. The Swilken Bridge is one of the most photographed landmarks in golf and is often referred to as the "Home of Golf". It is an iconic symbol of golf and a popular spot for tourists visiting St. Andrews.

St Andrews Museum

St Andrews Museum

0.47km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

The St Andrews Museum is a museum focusing on the history of the town of St Andrews in St Andrews, Fife, Scotland. The Museum holds a permanent collection of objects of historical value that are related to the town of St Andrews. It explores the history of the town from its beginnings to the present day; as well as also hosting temporary exhibitions.

St Andrews Castle

St Andrews Castle

0.77km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

St Andrews Castle is a ruin located in the coastal Royal Burgh of St Andrews in Fife, Scotland. The castle sits on a rocky promontory overlooking a small beach called Castle Sands and the adjoining North Sea. It housed the burgh’s wealthy and powerful bishops while St Andrews served as the ecclesiastical centre of Scotland during the years before the Protestant Reformation. In their Latin charters, the Archbishops of St Andrews wrote of the castle as their palace, signing, "apud Palatium nostrum

St Andrews Cathedral

St Andrews Cathedral

0.96km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

The Cathedral of St Andrew is a ruined cathedral in St Andrews, Fife, Scotland. It was built in 1158 and became the centre of the Medieval Catholic Church in Scotland as the seat of the Archdiocese of St Andrews and the Bishops and Archbishops of St Andrews. It fell into disuse and ruin after Catholic mass was outlawed during the 16th-century Scottish Reformation. It is currently a monument in the custody of Historic Environment Scotland. The ruins indicate that the building was approximately 11

St Andrews Botanic Garden

St Andrews Botanic Garden

1.1km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

St Andrews Botanic Garden is a beautiful living treasure in the heart of historic St Andrews. It contains more than 8000 species of native and exotic plants. These are laid out in zones of woodland, meadow, shrubbery, herbaceous bedding, a large rockery and a series of ponds. There are also vegetable and herb gardens, and several large greenhouses, one of which contains a butterfly house.

St Andrews Links

St Andrews Links

1.38km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

St Andrews Links in the town of St Andrews, Fife, Scotland, is regarded as the "Home of Golf". It has one of the oldest courses in the world, where the game has been played since the 15th century. Today there are seven public golf courses; the Balgove, Eden, Jubilee, Strathtyrum, New, the Old Course, and The Castle Course, sited on the cliffs a mile to the east of St Andrews and designed by the architect David McLay Kidd, which opened in June 2008

West Sands Beach

West Sands Beach

1.39km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

The West sands beach at St Andrews is part of a stretch of natural coastline, in North East Scotland. The beach area is backed by a large expanse of sand dunes which provide natural protection from high tides and rising sea levels to the amenities, farmland and recreational assets beyond them. The dunes are part of the Eden Estuary Site of Special Scientific Interest and the Firth of Tay and Eden Estuary Special Area of Conservation.

East Sands Leisure Centre

East Sands Leisure Centre

1.84km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

It is a great day out for all the family. Its facilities include freeform pool with sloping beach area, tropical palms, giant flume and aqua run inflatable, squash courts, gym, snooker and pool, steam room and spa bath.

Craigtoun Country Park

Craigtoun Country Park

3.75km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Craigtoun Country Park is a country park located approximately 4 miles to the south-west of St Andrews in the county of Fife, Scotland. The site is currently owned by Fife Council, with park amenities being operated as of 2012 by the charitable organisation Friends of Craigtoun Park. The park comprises woodland, water and marshland habitats in addition to maintained areas of grassland, tree plantations and formal gardens.

Kinshaldy Beach

Kinshaldy Beach

7.11km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Kinshaldy beach is a popular day out for families from Fife and further afield, accessible via the long winding road through Leuchers, and the dense pine forest of Tentsmuir before reaching the high sand dunes before the beach. The forest and nature reserve cover 50 square miles in all and the beach is large, but it can get extremely busy when the sun shines with queues for parking forming early.

Tentsmuir Sands

Tentsmuir Sands

8.13km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

This superb beach stretches north for 5 miles from the mouth of the River Eden to the Tay estuary. Signposted off the A92, the beach is reached by a road through Tentsmuir Forest ending at a large informal car park with a good information centre, picnic area and a small play park.

Tentsmuir Forest

Tentsmuir Forest

8.97km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Tentsmuir Forest is in north east Fife, Scotland. Covering some 5 square miles, the forest was originally sand dunes and moorland before acquisition by the Forestry Commission in the 1920s. The forest consists mainly of Scots pine and Corsican pine, and is now owned by Forestry and Land Scotland, successor body to the Forestry Commission.

Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve (Morton Lochs)

Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve (Morton Lochs)

9.16km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve is located southeast of Tayport in Fife, Scotland. The reserve is made up of three parts, encompassing Morton Lochs, Tentsmuir Point and Tayport Heath, and is managed by NatureScot. The different sections of Tentsmuir NNR were originally designated as separate national nature reserves at different times: the Morton Lochs section was designated in 1952; Tentsmuir Point in 1954; and Tayport Heath in 1988.

Dairsie Castle

Dairsie Castle

9.18km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Dairsie Castle is a restored tower house located 1.3 kilometres south of Dairsie in north-east Fife, Scotland. The castle overlooks the River Eden. Dairsie has been the location of secret Scottish parliaments, military sieges, and safe haven for escapee monarchs. After a long period of housing the local Archbishops of St. Andrews, and passing through the hands of various Scottish peerage, it became a ruin in the 19th Century.It is a Category B listed building, and was formerly a Scheduled Ancie

Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve

Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve

10.1km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Tentsmuir National Nature Reserve is located southeast of Tayport in Fife, Scotland. The reserve is made up of three parts, encompassing Morton Lochs, Tentsmuir Point and Tayport Heath, and is managed by NatureScot. The different sections of Tentsmuir NNR were originally designated as separate national nature reserves at different times: the Morton Lochs section was designated in 1952; Tentsmuir Point in 1954; and Tayport Heath in 1988

Scotland's Secret Bunker

Scotland's Secret Bunker

10.35km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Scotland’s Secret Bunker was built at the start of the Cold War in 1951 underneath an innocent-looking “farmhouse” near St. Andrews, Fife, as part of the British response to the Cold War. Now a tourist attraction, the Bunker gives a unique opportunity to understand what life would have been like during and after a nuclear attack.

Cambo Gardens

Cambo Gardens

11.51km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

A beautiful Victorian walled garden laid out around the Cambo burn to supply the house with fruit, flowers and vegetables. There is an ornamental potager, rare plants and a well-known snowdrop collection. The inspirational and innovatively-planted herbaceous displays frequently incorporate rarely-seen plants and are constantly evolving. There are also masses of spring bulbs, a lilac walk, rambler roses and spectacular late-season herbaceous borders.

Fife Folk Museum

Fife Folk Museum

11.86km from The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

The Fife Folk Museum is housed in a group of listed buildings in the centre of Ceres. The core buildings include the original tolbooth of the burgh, and a row of weavers' cottages. Its collections include agricultural and craft tools, costume, toys and games, domestic equipment, pottery, paintings, and much more. Of the paintings, there are several fine examples of local landscapes, as well as a notable nineteenth-century interior, 'Old Scotch Kitchen'.

Map of attractions near The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Hotels near The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Hotels to stay near The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

Stars:

Guest rating:

Exceptional

Stars:

Guest rating:

Exceptional

Stars:

Guest rating:

Excellent

Stars:

Guest rating:

Exceptional

Know more about The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

The Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews

It is considered the oldest golf course in the world. It is a public course over common land in St Andrews, Fife, Scotland and is held in trust by the St Andrews Links Trust under an act of Parliament. The Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews clubhouse sits adjacent to the first tee, although it is but one of many clubs that have playing privileges on the course, along with some other non-clubhouse owning clubs and the general public.