Sultan Battery Rd, Urva, Gandhinagar, Mangalore, Karnataka 575003, India
About Sultan Battery
A watchtower constructed in 1784 by Tipu Sultan. Constructed with mounted cannons, it was used to obstruct British warships from entering Mangalore by sea.
Attractions near Sultan Battery
The Kudroli Bhagavathi Temple is on a two-acre scenic plot in the coronary heart of Mangalore in Karnataka. It is near Hampankatta. The temple is extra than thousand years old. The four renovated temple complexes had been built via Karnataka and Kerala artisans using black granite and wooden carvings.
Built by Jesuit Missionaries in 1880 and its interiors painted by the Italian Jesuit Antonio Moscheni in 1899. The interior of the chapel is decorated with paintings that cover almost all of the walls, which is unusual in chapels in India. The paintings are preserved by the trust of the arts and cultural heritage which maintains and restores all historic artifacts.
The Light House Hill garden has a garden besides the light house, from where the tourists can enjoy a marvelous view of the sea with moving boats and ships adding on to its serene beauty. One can see the beautiful sea view, sunset view and also the sailing ships and boats on the sea.
A spectacular temple of Lord Manjunatha on the Kadri hills. It is said to be built during the 10th or 11th century and was converted to a complete stone structure during the 14th century. The bronze (panchaloha) idol of Lokeshwar, about 5 feet high present in the temple is considered as the oldest of the South Indian temples. It has an inscription dated 968 A.D, engraved on the pedestal.
The city of Mangalore is named after the presiding deity, Mangaladevi. The temple is built in Kerala style architecture, with most of its structure made of wood.
Built across the river Netravati, it is 830 meters in length and connects Mangalore city with its southern suburbs.
Where is Sultan Battery
Discover more attractions in Dakshina Kannada, where Sultan Battery is located