Attractions to explore nearby Punta Campanella
Punta Campanella is a promontory of Campania and a protected marine area established in 1997 with the name Punta Campanella marine protected natural area. The promontory is located on the Sorrento coast, dividing the Gulf of Naples from that of Salerno and extending over an area of over 1500 hectares in the sea, between the municipalities of Massa Lubrense and Positano.
The Baia di Ieranto Natural Area is the name of an Italian nature reserve, established in 1997, and located in the municipality of Massa Lubrense in the province of Naples in Campania. Covering an area of 49.50 ha, the bay of Ieranto is located at the extreme tip of the Sorrentine peninsula, on a notch in the coast between Capri and the Amalfi coast.
Villa Lysis is a neo- neoclassical villa located in the northern part of the island of Capri, in via Lo Capo. The villa mixes modern and classic architectural elements. It is a unique and enchanting spot, closely tied to the life and tastes of Jacques d'Adelswärd Fersen, a Parisian count who withdrew to the island of Capri in self-imposed exile to escape a series of scandals in his home country.
Casa Malaparte on the Italian island of Capri was a house conceived in lockdown. Built-in the late 1930s, its first occupant, Curzio Malaparte — an Italian-German poet. The house was conceived around 1937 by the well-known Italian architect Adalberto Libera for Curzio Malaparte. Malaparte actually rejected Libera's design and built the home himself with the help of Adolfo Amitrano, a local stonemason.
The Faraglioni of Capri is three rocky peaks positioned south-east of the homonymous island, famous all over the world thanks to the suggestive and historical panorama offered by the gardens of Augustus. These protrusions are identified with three distinct names: the first is the Faraglione di Terra; the second, separated from the first by the sea, is that of Mezzo; while the third, stretching towards the sea, is the Faraglione di Fuori. The latter is well known as it is the only habitat of the
The Charterhouse of San Giacomo is the oldest monastery on Capri. Built-in 1371 at the behest of Count Giacomo Arcucci on land donated by Queen Giovanna I of Anjou, the Charterhouse houses the museum dedicated to the German painter Karl Diefenbach. Since December 2014, the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities has been managing it through the Campania Museum Complex, which in December 2019 became the Regional Museum Directorate.
Piazza Umberto I is the most famous square on the island of Capri, Italy. The square is located in the historic center of Capri, in the eponymous town Capri, on the eastern end of the island, and since Roman times, it has been considered the center of the town and the meeting point of the island by both residents and others. It is one of the prime locations in this area and it is a famous spot for people gatherings.
The gardens of Augustus, initially known as the Krupp Gardens, are a city park in Capri. It constitutes a real botanical garden that houses various specimens of the island's flora, with ornamental and non-ornamental plants. The botanical beauties are associated with a very wide panorama of the main landscape beauties of Capri. From them, in fact, you can get a 180-degree panoramic view of the island of Capri, with glimpses of Mount Solaro, the bay of Marina Piccola, via Krupp and the famous s
Via Friedrich Alfred Krupp, commonly known as via Krupp, is one of the most famous streets on the island of Capri, which connects the historic center of the island with the seaside area of Marina Piccola. The German steel magnate Friedrich Alfred Krupp, dwelling in the central suite Grand Hotel Quisisana, could not quickly reach Marina Piccola, where he kept moored his yacht: then bought the entire area between the Certosa di San Giacomo and Castiglione and built the road that today takes its
Piazza Torquato Tasso is one of the squares of District 1, Oltrarno area in Florence. In the past, it was called Piazza Gusciana. The current name is in honor of the poet Torquato Tasso and was given to him in January 1913, a few years after the first construction of the square between 1901 and 1905 thanks to the opening of a section of the walls that closed the area. The name of "Gusciana", which survived longer than the others, was then assigned, in 1998, to an adjoining road.
The Marina Piccola bay is the best beach spot in this area. It is on Capri's southern coast and can be reached by bus from the Piazzetta or by foot, following Via Roma to Due Golfi, then taking the stairs down Via Mulo. It's a pleasant route and only about a 15-minute walk.
The Correale Museum of Terranova is an archaeological museum, art gallery, and art gallery in Sorrento: in its interior furniture of the XVII century, paintings ranging from the fifteenth to the nineteenth century, archaeological and porcelain, especially of the Capodimonte school. The museum exhibits collections of Neapolitan painters dating from the 17th and 18th century. It contains valuable Capodimonte and Sèvres ceramics, Murano glassware, Bohemia crystals, and a collection of watches.
Villa San Michele is the life’s work at Capri of the Swedish physician and author Axel Munthe. It is surrounded by an impressive garden, which recently won the price as Italy’s most beautiful private park. Behind it is the Barbarossa mountain, which Axel Munthe turned into a sanctuary for migratory birds. It was one of the iconic attractions in this area and it attracts a lot of tourists here.
Monte Solaro is a mountain on the island of Capri in Campania, Italy. With an elevation of 589 m, its peak is the highest point of Capri. It contains the “Fortino di Bruto”, a blockhouse which was used in battles between Britain and France in the early 19th century. It is characterised by its "sheer dolomitic slopes" which form an "unsurpassable partition" between the eastern and western sides of the island.
Sirenuse, also known as Li Galli, are some small islands off the Amalfi Coast in Italy, near Positano and Capri. The archipelago consists of three islands, Gallo Lungo, La Castelluccia, and La Rotonda. The name Sirenuse is probably a reference to the fact that this was the place where the mythological siren stayed.