Attractions to explore nearby Sarre Royal Castle
The royal castle of Sarre is an Aosta Valley castle, located in the municipality of Sarre, in the locality of Lalex, in the Aosta Valley. Built-in 1710 on the ruins of a fortress mentioned as early as 1242, having passed through various hands, the property was purchased by the King of Italy Victor Emanuel II, who renovated it and used it during hunting expeditions in Val d’Aosta. It was one of the iconic buildings in this area which paves light to the history of this area.
The castle of Saint-Pierre is an Aosta Valley manor, located in the municipality of the same name. Due to its very scenic appearance, it has become, together with the castle of Fénis, one of the symbolic monuments of the region. It houses the Regional Museum of Natural Sciences of the Aosta Valley. It is one of the oldest in the Aosta Valley and its existence is mentioned for the first time in a document dated 1191.
The Sarriod de La Tour castle is a medieval Aosta Valley manor located in the municipality of Saint-Pierre, in the flat area planted with orchards that run along the Dora Baltea and the SS26, on the opposite side of the village from the more famous castle of Saint-Pierre. Looking at it from the top of the Saint-Pierre castle, the Sarriod de La Tour castle appears as an irregular set of buildings surrounded by walls, located in a flat area a little outside the town and close to the Dora Baltea.
Pila ( Pila in Piedmontese ) is an Italian town of 139 inhabitants in the province of Vercelli in Piedmont . It is located in Valsesia. The municipal area of Pila has very marked variations in altitude: the valley floor is located at about 686 meters above sea level while the highest point, albeit uninhabited, is located at 1,912 meters above sea level.
The megalithic area of Saint-Martin-de-Corléans is an archaeological site located in Aosta, in the district of Saint-Martin-de-Corléans. The site, discovered in 1969, during the construction of some condominiums, about 6 meters below the current urban plan, covers an area of 10,000 square meters. The over 6,000 years of attendance area are witnessed by plowing worship, rituals wells, oriented alignments of wooden poles and anthropomorphic stele, dolmenic burials, and cist.
The pont d'Aël is a Roman aqueduct bridge that is located in the namesake village in the municipality of Aymavilles, in Aosta. It was built in 3 BC for the irrigation and supply of a mineral wash for the colony of Augusta Prætoria Salassorum, today's Aosta, then just founded. The bridge, located at the entrance to the Val di Cogne, a lateral valley, 66 meters above the valley floor, supports a technically advanced aqueduct, 6 km long in total.
The Valle d'Aosta / Vallée d'Aoste is an Italian region with a special statute of north-western Italy, with the capital Aosta, from which it takes its name, which is part of the Alps-Mediterranean Euroregion. it is the smallest region in Italy with 3 263 km² of surface and also the least populated one with 124968 inhabitants, with a completely mountainous territory, bordering to the north with Switzerland.
The Porta Pretoria is the eastern gateway to the Roman city of Augusta Prætoria Salassorum. Built-in 25 BC, it is still in an excellent state of conservation and is made up of two series of arches - one major central and two minor lateral ones - which enclose a parade ground. On both arches the walkways of the sentries are visible. It had three openings, which are still visible today: the central one for carriages and the side openings for pedestrians.
Santorso is an Italian town of 5 660 inhabitants in the province of Vicenza in Veneto. Located at the foot of Mount Summano in a sunny position, it is 4 km from Piovene Rocchette and 4 km from Schio. It was entirely rebuilt during the 9th century, during the Carolingian age. Later, bishop Anselm of Aosta further renovated the church, introducing a basilica plan with three naves with wooden trusses. These were replaced by Gothic cross vaults in the 15th century.
The Arch of Augustus of Rimini is the oldest existing Roman arch. Built-in 28 BC, it was dedicated by the Roman Senate to the emperor Augustus. It marked the end of the Via Flaminia that connected the Romagna city to the capital of the empire, then merging into today's Corso d'Augusto, the decumano massimo, which led to the entrance to another road, the Via Emilia.
The Mont Fallère is located in the Alps Grand Combin in Valle d'Aosta. The mountain, as well as with the name of Mont-Fallère with which it is designated by the official cartography of the Valle d'Aosta Region, also appears without the hyphen or as Monte Fallere  or Monte Fallère. From the summit, you have a panoramic view of Mont Blanc, the Grand Combin, the Grivola, and many other mountains of the Graian Alps and the Pennine Alps.
The Gran San Bernardo Valley is a side valley of the Aosta Valley. It takes its name from the Gran San Bernardo hill, where the valley ends. The Gran San Bernardo Valley detaches from the central valley of the Dora Baltea at the height of Aosta and climbs up to the Gran San Bernardo hill which separates it from the Valais. The Valpelline branches off from the Gran San Bernardo Valley at Gignod. Over the centuries the valley has been a great communication route with the nearby Valais.