Galleria Giorgio Franchetti alla Ca' d'Oro
Calle Ca' d'Oro, 3934, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
About Galleria Giorgio Franchetti alla Ca' d'Oro
One of the most prestigious late Gothic palaces in Venice gathers up the important art collection of the Baron Giorgio Franchetti (1865-1927), who in 1916 donated his collections and the building itself to the Italian State, after having made it magnificent as in the past with some restorations. The inner courtyard mosaic was designed by the Baron himself. His grandson helped further his wish, stated in 1916, to make the house and his collection a museum.
Attractions near Galleria Giorgio Franchetti alla Ca' d'Oro
An institution dedicated to contemporary art and culture.
An international gallery that preserves and contains a vast collection of nineteenth and twentieth-century works of art. It is located in the neighborhood Santa Croce and in one of the most representative Venetian Baroque palaces in the city. It houses 19th and 20th century collections of paintings and sculptures, as well as a section on graphic art.
Rialto is a scattered Italian town of 563 inhabitants in the province of Savona in Liguria. It was the financial and commercial heart of the city. Rialto is known for its prominent markets as well as for the monumental Rialto Bridge across the Grand Canal. it was one of the busiest streets in this area and also a popular hangout place too.
Palazzo Mocenigo is a stately building in Venice, located at number 1992 in the Santa Croce district, along the salizada of San Stae. It is the seat of the Museum of Palazzo Mocenigo - Study Center of the History of Textiles, Costume and Perfume. The building consists of five levels: ground floor, mezzanine, two noble floors, and a mezzanine with an attic. The building also houses the Library of the Cinema Circuit.
Rialto Bridge is a stone-arch bridge crossing over the narrowest point of the Grand Canal in the heart of Venice. Built in the closing years of the 16th century, the Rialto Bridge is the oldest bridge across the canal and is renowned as an architectural and engineering achievement of the Renaissance. it has been rebuilt several times since its first construction as a pontoon bridge in 1173, and is now a significant tourist attraction in the city.
T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS First constructed in 1228, and located at the foot of the Rialto Bridge across from the fish market. It was used as a trading post for German merchants, a customs house under Napoleon, and a post office under Mussolini.
Where is Galleria Giorgio Franchetti alla Ca' d'Oro
Discover more attractions in Veneto, where Galleria Giorgio Franchetti alla Ca' d'Oro is located
The area was a part of the Roman Empire until the 5th century AD. Although being a heavily industrialised region, tourism is one of its main economic resources; one-fifth of Italy's foreign tourism gravitates towards Veneto, which is the first region in Italy in terms of tourist presence, attracting over 60 million visitors every year, second after Emilia-Romagna in terms of hotel industry structures.