20 Attractions to Explore Near University of the Arts Bremen
The University of the Arts Bremen is a public university in Bremen, Germany. It is one of the most successful arts institutions, and its origins date back to 1873. The University of the Arts Bremen runs a Faculty of Fine Arts and Design, and a Faculty of Music, with approximately 900 students, 65 professors, and about 180 assistant professors.
The Weser Tower is a high-rise building on the outskirts of the Überseestadt Bremen. It was built in 2010 according to plans by architect Helmut Jahn for Siedentopf GmbH. The 22 floors of the skyscraper have an area of 18,000 square meters and thus space for offices for 800 people. Initially, it was planned in the building u. a. to set up a hotel, a variety of theaters, and restaurants. In addition, further office buildings should be built. Today there is a restaurant on the ground floor of th
The historic bank promenade on the Weser in Bremen's old town is called Schlachte. In the official sense, the Schlachte is a street parallel to the bank that begins at the corner of Erste Schlachtpforte and ends about 660 meters further north-west at the Bremen Youth Hostel at the corner of Kalkstraße. The Schlachte, originally Bremen's harbor square, has now transformed into a mile for restaurants and beer gardens.
The Weserburg Museum of Modern Art was founded in 1991 and quickly enjoyed a respected international reputation as the first collectors’ museum of modern art in Europe. With an exhibition space of around 6,000 square meters, Weserburg is one of the largest museums of modern art in Germany. The museum has exhibited works from the most influential contemporary artists in its rather unusual premises. Exhibitions from European collectors large and small have provided insights into contemporary art.
The Casino Bremen is part of the West's group and located in the Weser city since 1980th The casino has been located in a historic office building on the Schlachte promenade since 2010. The classic game with American Roulette, Black Jack and Poker, as well as the slot machine game, are offered . The Bremen casino has a slot machine branch in Bremerhaven.
The Overseas Museum in Bremen is a Natural History and ethnographic museum in northern Germany. Its exhibition focuses on various aspects of life on other continents. You can see here both nature exhibits, such as fragments of the coral reef, as well as ethnographic collections, folk art or craft products from Africa, Asia, the Americas, Australia, and Oceania.
The swineherd and his herd is a bronze group of figures in Bremen - in the middle at the end of Sögestraße near the streets Am Wall and Herdentorsteinweg. It was set up in 1974 and is included in the list of monuments and statues of the city of Bremen. Today, children and young people like to ride the bronze pigs. It also became a habit to meet “with the pigs”.
The Waller Feldmarksee is a quarry pond in the district of In den Wischen, part of the Bremen district of Gröpelingen, which is used as a bathing lake. The lake is also used by windsurfers; there is a slip option for them. Furthermore, the sport fishermen of a club use the lake. The lake, which is close to the A 27 and within sight of the garbage dump, was excavated in 1972/73 as part of the construction of the autobahn and then transformed into a swimming lake as one of four sand extraction poi
The Schütting is the building of the Bremen merchants, formerly the guild and food store of the merchants and since 1849 the seat of the Bremen Chamber of Commerce . It has been a listed building since 1973. It is on the south side of the Bremen market square , directly opposite the town hall.
The Böttcherstrasse is about 110 m long street in Bremen's Old Town, which is one of the cultural monuments and tourist attractions in Bremen because of their architecture. Most of the buildings were built between 1922 and 1931 and are mainly due to Ludwig Roselius, a Bremen coffee merchant, and patron. The street and its buildings are a rare example of Expressionism architecture
Atlantis House is one of the majestic buildings in the old town of Bremen which was an interesting example of German architecture in the interwar period which was completed in 1931. It was designed by Bernhard Hoetger. The interior and exterior of this building is quiet beautiful and it attracts a lot of people to visit this place.
The Roselius House Museum is the historical focus of picturesque Böttcherstrasse, located in the heart of Bremens city centre. Welcome your guests in the magnificent staircase hall of Ludwig Roselius Museum, surrounded by ancestral portraits of the baroque era. The museum's collection which spans the period from the Middle Ages to the Baroque era includes medieval altarpieces and so more.
The Glockenspiel House is a building in Bremen in the north of Germany. With its 30 bells of Meissen porcelain, the carillon chimes three times a day while wooden panels depicting pioneering seafarers and aviators appear on a rotating mechanism inside the tower. In 1944 the building suffered serious fire damage. The carillon was replaced, this time with white porcelain bells. The panels survived the Second World War undamaged. They were restored in 1991, together with the carillon, which receive
The Bremen Roland is a statue of Roland, erected in 1404. It stands in the market square of Bremen, Germany, facing the cathedral, and shows Roland, paladin of the first Holy Roman Emperor Charlemagne and hero of the Battle of Roncevaux Pass. Roland is shown as protector of the city: his legendary sword is unsheathed, and his shield is emblazoned with the two-headed Imperial eagle.
The Paula Modersohn-Becker Museum was the first museum in the world to be dedicated to the work of a female painter. The masterpieces on display illustrate the artist’s extraordinary importance as a pioneer of modern painting. The museum building was commissioned by the businessman and patron Ludwig Roselius, who owned a considerable collection of Paula Modersohn-Becker’s work.
It is the seat of the President of the Senate and Mayor of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen. Bremen's town hall is regarded as the jewel in the crown of the historical market square. The Upper Hall, where the city council used to convene, is the most magnificent ceremonial venue in Bremen. The model ships that hang from the ceiling bear witness to the importance of commerce and maritime trade for the city. Their miniature cannons can even be fired if the occasion demands.
The St. Petri Cathedral in Bremen is a Romanesque church building made of sandstone and brick , which was built from the 11th century on the foundations of older predecessor buildings and has been rebuilt in the Gothic style since the 13th century . Side chapels were added in the 14th century . In 1502 the transformation into a late Gothic hall church began which, however, did not get beyond a new north aisle when the Reformation stopped further expansion.
The coffee house on the Emmasee in Bremen - Schwachhausen, district Bürgerpark is a listed building. The new building is one of the most important buildings in Bremen The building was placed under monument protection in 1984 as a Bremen cultural monument. Heinrich Müller designed the first coffee house on the north bank of the Emma lake in 1867 as a light, flat wooden structure called a tent . The popular coffee was expanded in 1874.
The Dom-Museum came about as the result of large-scale restoration of the Cathedral. Due to the restoration, new information about the Cathedral’s numerous graves and 1,200-year history was discovered. A museum space was created in historical rooms next to the high choir. The Cathedral Museum in Bremen's St. Petri Cathedral is an ecumenical museum for the history of the Church in Bremen, which was founded in 1987 to record finds from the cathedral's medieval bishops' tombs.
The Schifferhaus in Bremen is a well-known monument and got its name from an owner who felt particularly connected to shipping and opened a grocery store on the ground floor around 1920 . It is located in the Bremen-Mitte district of Schnoor in the Altstadt district. The house has been a listed building since 1973. It is usually open to the public on Open Monument Day.
The Schnoor - also called the Schnoorviertel is a Gängeviertel in the old town of Bremen that dates back to the High Middle Ages and is also the name of the Schnoor street in this quarter. The oldest secular buildings date from the early 15th century, the church of St. Johann was built in the late 14th century. It is one of the most important tourist attractions today. Buildings to the north at least took up the structures of the building and developed them postmodern.